Drool Time

:::A journal of yummyness:::
Chinese food, the authentic way.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dates

I read a funny story from where the date photo came from, a man who married a princess in ancient China was using the royal bathroom when he saw a beautiful lacquer box, curious, he opened it to find it full of dates. He marveled to himself, "Royal families really live it up, even their bathrooms are stocked with snacks!" After he helped himself to a handful, he told people in the house, and was embarrased to find out the dates are really meant to be used as nose stoppers so any foul smell would not be so noticeable.

Dried dates are my new snack obsession, they're slightly sweet, and satisfy my craving for sugar but are healthier than Twinkies. There is a new kind out, which are peanut-stuffed, I seriously will eat a whole bag of those if not checked. My aunt tracked down more of them for me, if I'm lucky, will get the new shipment in a week or so. Can't wait!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home